Wide and Long and Deep and High

My question is, How can we know how wide and long and deep and high the Father's love is if it truly surpasses knowledge? (Eph. 3:17)

I have been on a journey to learn of the Father's love. My Bible is now full of little hearts everytime the word love is mentioned and I have spent countless hours pondering God's love for me.

The Bible gives me a few clues, such as the fact that God is love, so knowing Him will help me to know his love. Another clue is 1 John 4:10 which says, This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." So this led to several more hours of pondering what Jesus did on the cross for me. However, the knowledge still has not seemed to make the massive leap from my head to my heart.  

What I do know is that knowing the love of Christ seems to be the answer to all of life's problems. If we truly believed in God's love for us, we would have no trouble loving others, fear would be destroyed and we would never feel lonely again. 

I also know that there is absolutely nothing I can do to earn the Father's love and that because of Jesus I am righteous in His sight. I just continue to ask him for the power to know the love of Christ and I hope and believe that I will know this love in time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

True Community

God Is Always Present, So Why Don't We Always Sense His Presence?

Scavenger Hunts and Surprises