The Ultimate Adventure

I do not usually like to share my journal entries with anyone, but I thought that this one was appropriate. It is my first entry in a journal that I received after I graduated which says "Use this journal to reflect on the Places You Will Go" referring to the Dr. Seuss book.

12/29/2014

Writing in a new journal is always exciting. There is certainly something about that blank page and getting the chance to fill it with thoughts and words. I wonder if God feels that way every time a new child is born? It is also unusual for me to be starting a journal two days before the New Year instead of afterward as another resolution.

Anyways, believe it or not, I am currently trying to find the most comfortable positions for writing in a journal while in a sleeping bag...in my bedroom at home. Yes, I just set up the tent I got for Christmas in my room along with the sleeping bag and pad. I am also reading with the help of my very useful headlamp. (Okay so yes I am a little weird, but I just got so excited about all my new stuff and had to try it out!)

There is just something about sleeping in a tent. Maybe it is just the feeling of adventure or something, but it does make me think. What will it be like when I am sitting in here out in the desert of Namibia? What sounds will I hear? What will I be thinking about? I do not really know the answers, but I know that wherever I go, God will be with me.

I just bought a new compact Bible the other day and it is in the God's Word translation. It puts Psalm 139:9 beautifully: If I...land on the most distant shore of the sea where the sun sets, even there your hand would guide me.

I think that this little adventure in my bedroom helped me to realize again that my God is not a boring God and that he wants to go on adventures with me. Whether it is in my bedroom at home or across the world, what matters most to Him is the time He gets to spend with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

True Community

God Is Always Present, So Why Don't We Always Sense His Presence?

Scavenger Hunts and Surprises