Africa

I finally did it. I just confirmed that I will be going on a missions trip to Namibia, Africa the summer of 2015. I am scared and a little unsure of myself. Am I sure this is God? How do I know this is right? His gentle leading is not always definite enough for me!

Since I went on my first mission trip to Alabama, I have wanted to go on one overseas. Seeing God at work there was absolutely incredible and it challenged me to grow in my faith. I know that this will not be an easy experience, but I believe that it will be a good one. I look forward to seeing what God will do while I am there!

The organization I am going with is called Experience Missions and encourages us first to build relationships with the people through being involved in the culture. The trip itself will last two and a half months and I will leave shortly after I graduate from St. Andrews in May. Part of the trip will involve living with a host family and for the other part, I will actually be camping with a tribe, which means bringing my own tent, sleeping bag etc. I do not know the exact specifics of what I will be doing, but it will involve building relationships with the people there through volunteering and working at different places in the community.

A verse I came across recently says "The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." Isaiah 58:11.

Although I do not believe that God calls everyone to go overseas, I think He does want us to step outside of what is comfortable in our lives. He has certainly done this with me and I am continually learning to rely on Him to supply my needs.I hope that you will join me in praying for my trip!

Here is a video that shows a bit more about the program.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

True Community

God Is Always Present, So Why Don't We Always Sense His Presence?

Scavenger Hunts and Surprises