Rocky Roads (not the edible kind!)

When I was little we used to make what we called rocky roads, graham crackers with peanut butter and chocolate chips on them. Unfortunately, now that I am older I realize that rocky roads are not always pleasant and delicious. I guess that with God technically the rockiest of roads can be good, but I am not quite to that point yet!

I am also beginning to realize how difficult blogging is, and my respect for people who can do it consistently is growing. Every time I feel like I should write a post I realize that I have no idea what to write it on! So anyways, here are a few updates as to what is going on in my life right now; the good, the bad and the rocky. 

God is showing me that I can truly depend on him to provide for my needs. I know in my head that He will provide but it is different actually seeing it happen. I only need $1500 more to reach my goal! I am beginning to realize that if God tells you to do something he will help make sure that it happens!

I am reminded that I am a part of a battle that I cannot see. This semester I have had some very high highs and some very low lows emotionally which has made my walk with God challenging. I need to be constantly reminded of the truth that our battle is not against flesh and blood. Sometimes I feel as though I am going through a series of ups and downs where I feel His presence at one moment and feel totally empty the next. Although I know the enemy definitely plays a role in my ups and downs, God’s grace is also working through it by bringing up things that still need to be healed in me. 

God has given me some awesome moments. At the beach we saw around twenty dolphins swimming around, jumping up in the air and even riding on the waves. It was absolutely incredible! God is one of the biggest romantics and I am reminded that He is also the pursuer of my heart. These moments are the ones that I need to hold on to throughout all difficulties because I know that He cares and that He is fighting on my side!

But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, so you don’t need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you everything you need to know, and what he teaches is true—it is not a lie. So just as he has taught you, remain in fellowship with Christ. (1 John 2:27 NLT).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

True Community

God Is Always Present, So Why Don't We Always Sense His Presence?

Scavenger Hunts and Surprises