Traveling Diaries

I wrote this as I was on the plane to London...we have had an amazing layover here and everyone is ready to get some much needed rest!

Well we are about halfway through with what will be an over two day long journey to Namibia. It's still totally unreal and I don't know if it will fully hit me until my feet are on the ground!

I have really enjoyed getting to know my team over the past few days! We really are an incredible mixture of personalities who somehow fit really well together. One of the things that really stuck with me the most from the four days of training that we had was that missions is not so much about what WE are going out and doing for others but rather it is more about meeting people where THEY are at and building relationships with them. 

This idea is modeled in the life of Jesus, who entered the world not as a King, on a level above the average person. Instead he came as a baby and lived a life that allowed Him to identify with ALL of the challenges and temptations that humans experience here on earth.

Paul also echoes this idea when he says, "although I'm free from all people, I have become a slave for all people to win more of them...I have become everything to everyone in order to save at least some of them" (1 Cor. 9:19, 21). For me, this means laying down my pride and thinking that I know the right way to do things. It requires me to live in the present (something I sometimes struggle with) so that I do not miss the person right in front of me and what God wants to teach me through them. 

Please be praying for my team and that we will continue to grow stronger together as well as for all of the people that we will come into contact with over the next few weeks and months. I am excited to see what God is going to do through us!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

True Community

God Is Always Present, So Why Don't We Always Sense His Presence?

Scavenger Hunts and Surprises