What's next?

"...without vision the people perish." I definitely felt as though I was going to perish after returning to America and realizing that I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing with my life! I bet Abraham felt that way when God told him to go, but didn't tell him exactly where. 

I strongly dislike making decisions, especially important ones that have a significant effect on how I will live my life in the coming months and years. But more than that, I just struggle with transitions. However, what I have realized lately is that in order to get something you have to give something up. Someone I heard recently said that you have to give up the small to get the big. The problem is that the small doesn't feel so small when you are getting rid of the only thing in your hand. Wouldn't it be better to keep what you have than risk losing that? 

It's all about trust. Trusting that God knows what He is doing and that He will get you where you are supposed to go. I had hoped that God would at least give me peace about accepting the job that I was offered. Funny that He didn't do that until after I decided to accept it. I listened as hard as I could and heard nothing other than what seemed like an open door. The problem was that I was struggling to give up what has meant so much to me; the support system that prayed me through Namibia, the home that I love and feels so comfortable, and my amazing mother who makes sacrifices for me while giving me total freedom to do what I believe God is calling me to. And that's still tough. But I know that God is going with me. And He will make this next season of my life even better than the last, with all new challenges and blessings. 

So I'm headed on to my next adventure. It's not quite as glamorous as Africa, but I know it will be amazing because God is involved. I will be doing what I went to school for, teaching Therapeutic Riding, at a barn in Woodstock, Georgia (north of Atlanta). Please keep me in your prayers as I make the attempt to "adult." I will try my hardest to keep in touch and keep you updated on this next adventure!




I appreciated this sign because of its stating the obvious, and of course, its wonderful grammar. A piece of my heart was definitely left in Namibia with all of its wonderful people and I hope that I will have the opportunity to return one day!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

True Community

God Is Always Present, So Why Don't We Always Sense His Presence?

Scavenger Hunts and Surprises